Please note that Maribor is offered as a bus service from select cities only.
Lodged between the Mariborsko Pohorje mountain and lush hills, Maribor is Slovenia’s second largest city and the biggest city on the banks of the river Drava. Maribor’s captivating beauty attracts tourists seeking history, culture, and adventure.
Top things to see and do
- Hike along the trails on Piramida (Pyramid Hill) for a beautiful view of the city and the remnants of a castle demolished in the 18th century.
- Learn about the city’s history at the Maribor Regional Museum, housed inside a 15th-century castle and full of exquisite statues and informational exhibits.
- Take a guided tour of The Old Vine House, home to the oldest vine in the world that still produces grapes, as certified by the Guinness Book of World Records.
- Get in touch with your adventurous side at Betnava Adventure Park, located in a forest in the Southern part of Maribor, where children and adults can enjoy an open-air gymnasium.
- Walk down one of the oldest streets in the town, Usnjarska Ulica, to the Water Tower, built in the 16th century as part of a series of defense towers.
Tips for travellers
During the winter head to Maribor Pohorje Ski Resort, the largest ski centre in Slovenia, for day or night skiing and snowboarding.