Albania covid travel Restrictions
Effective immediately, UAE residents will no longer be entitled to obtain a visa on arrival in Albania. This does not apply to: -
- Passengers with a valid 10-year UAE resident visa (Golden Visa)
- Passengers with a valid multiple entry visa issued by the USA, if having used the visa to enter the USA at least once, for a maximum stay of 90 days
- Passengers with a valid multiple entry visa issued by the United Kingdom, if having used the visa to enter the United Kingdom at least once, for a maximum stay of 90 days
- Passengers with a valid multiple entry C visa issued by a Schengen Member State, if having used the visa to enter the Schengen Area at least once, for a maximum stay of 90 days
- Foreign nationals holding a standard UAE resident visa must apply for a pre-arranged e-visa via the official website – https://e-visa.al/
Documents needed for travelling for citizens of UAE and Albania
All passengers, excluding children below 6 years old, entering, or transiting Albania must have:
- a vaccination passport showing that they were fully vaccinated at least 14 days before arrival; OR
- a negative PCR test no more than 72 hours before arrival or a rapid antigen test no more than 48 hours before arrival; OR
- a COVID recovery certificate issued 6 months before arrival
Quarantine Requirements for Albania Citizens
- Citizens of Albania travelling to Albania without one of the above-mentioned documents must self-isolate for 10 days and are subject to a PCR test at the end of the isolation period.
Documents needed for travelling
Citizens of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, India, Pakistan, Somalia, and Syria must be able to provide a clear reason for travel and intentions during their stay and hold the additional documents mentioned below when travelling to Albania:
- a valid return ticket with the same booking confirmation number (PNR)
- a valid UAE residence visa issued at least 6 months before departure and must be valid for at least 3 months on the return to Dubai
- a confirmed hotel booking or tour itinerary for the duration of stay in Albania
- supporting documents, such as an invitation letter if travelling for business
- sufficient funds for the duration of stay
Passengers who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements will be denied boarding.
The above requirements are subject to change without prior notice. Please check the IATA Travel Centre website before your flight to get the latest updates on the requirements of the country you are travelling from and arriving to.
Book your flights to Albania with flydubai and enjoy complimentary global cover for your COVID-19 health expenses.