flydubai operates seasonal summer flights between Dubai and Mykonos. Check back soon for more details.
Mykonos is a beautiful Greek island located in the Aegean Sea, known for its stunning beaches, charming villages, picturesque windmills, and enthusiastic vibe. It's a popular destination for travellers from all over the world, especially those looking for a luxurious and glamorous vacation. It offers a holiday experience like no other, with its stunning beaches, unique Cycladic architecture, whitewashed buildings, blue-domed churches, fantastic seafood, and romantic resorts.
Things to see and do in Mykonos
- Enjoy a relaxing day at the most beautiful beach on the island, Super Paradise, with crystal clear waters, soft sands, and delightful restaurants and cafes, or visit Elia beach for exciting watersport activities.
- Head to whitewashed round windmills, one of the most iconic landmarks of Mykonos, to explore the area around the windmills and enjoy the beautiful views of the sea.
- Take a boat trip to the nearby island of Delos, a UNESCO World Heritage site and explore this ancient Greek island.
- Visit the beautiful Panagia Paraportiani church, one of the most famous churches on the island, and check out its unique design, with five small churches merged together.
- Explore the picturesque neighbourhood of Little Venice, known for its colourful houses and waterfront restaurants and take a romantic stroll or have a leisurely lunch.
- Discover the heart of the city, the Town of Mykonos (Chora), and find the famous whitewashed cubic houses with brightly coloured wooden doors, windows, and balconies, along with beautiful churches, quirky cafes, chic boutiques, and fine jewellery shops.
Tips for travellers
Mykonos experiences a Mediterranean climate, characterized by mild and rainy winters, as well as hot and dry summers. During the peak season, Mykonos can become very busy, so it's advisable to plan ahead by booking your accommodation and activities in advance to avoid any disappointment. The island has a rich culinary tradition, offering a variety of fresh seafood, delectable Greek salads, and local delicacies like kopanisti (a spicy cheese spread). It's recommended to indulge in the local cuisine and explore the island's culinary scene.