Ancient monuments, holy pilgrim sites, acclaimed modern architecture, bustling street markets and a warm welcome await you in Yerevan.
Top things to see and do
- Don’t miss Hraparak Square in the heart of the city of Yerevan, famous for its singing fountains, mosaic rock carpet and beautiful surrounding buildings.
- Climb the famous Cascade to Victory Park for breathtaking views across the city.
- Take time out to reflect on the brutal history of the Armenian people at the Armenian Genocide Museum and Memorial on the side of Mount Ararat.
- Take in the atmosphere of Yerevan’s weekly handcrafts market, packed with beautiful locally made carpets, gifts and jewellery
- Relax with a cup of Armenian coffee in one of the many cafes on the historic Freedom Square.
- Try one of the many local delicacies - the shashlik (kebabs) or lavash (local bread) are particularly good.
Tips for travellers
Just a few kilometres from Yerevan you’ll find the ruins of Zvartnots Temple, built in the 7th century and now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.