flydubai operates seasonal summer flights between Dubai and Santorini. Check back soon for more details.
Santorini, also known as Thira, is a Greek island located in the Aegean Sea. It is a world-renowned destination and a popular stop on any Greece itinerary. Santorini is famous for its iconic blue-domed churches, stunning sunsets, white-washed buildings, deep sapphire roofs, and pristine beaches. Santorini is an ideal destination for romantic getaways, honeymoons, and relaxing vacations.
Things to see and do in Santorini
- Spend a day in Santorini's Oia village, wandering its narrow streets and taking in breathtaking views.
- Explore the hidden chapels of Fira, the popular capital of Santorini, known for its backstreets, restaurants, and shopping areas, and visit the must-see Cathedral Basilica of St. John the Baptist.
- Santorini has many beaches to choose from, including Kamari, Perissa, and Vlychada, where you can relax and enjoy crystal-clear waters and stunning scenery.
- Explore the village of Pyrgos, a traditional Greek village with narrow alleys and white-washed houses, for a great spot to experience the local culture and cuisine.
- Visit the spectacular Red Beach, great for sunbathing with its volcanic cliff side, or opt for other beaches like White Beach and Caldera Beach, preferred for swimming, all offering picturesque views of the Mediterranean Sea across the red cliffs.
- To get a glimpse of the past and learn about the Legend of Atlantis, Greek heritage, culture, and mythology, head to the Lost Atlantis Experience Museum, which is located near Megalochori village in Santorini.
Tips for travellers
Santorini has a Mediterranean climate, with hot and dry summers and mild and rainy winters. Santorini is a popular tourist destination, so it's important to plan your trip well in advance and book your accommodation, activities, and transportation in advance. Try the local cuisine, especially fresh seafood, Greek salads, and local specialities such as tomato fritters and white eggplant.