Karachi is Pakistan’s biggest, busiest, most diverse city, packed with animated streets, eccentric architecture and colourful markets and bazaars
But you’ll find plenty of places to relax in Karachi too, from sun-drenched beaches to stylish waterfront restaurants.
Top things to see and do in Karachi
- Haggle for shoes, clothes, handicrafts and more in the 100-year-old shops and stalls of Bohri bazaar.
- Stroll or hitch a camel ride along the silver sands of Clifton Beach, stopping off for chai and grilled corn en route.
- Count the mirrored tiles in the spectacular Defence Housing Authority Mosque (Masjid-e-Tooba), said to be the world’s largest single-dome mosque.
- Hire a boat and a guide and go turtle spotting along the Karachi coastline between September and November.
- Discover the fascinating history of Pakistan from the Stone Age to the present day at the National Museum of Pakistan.
Tips for travellers
The best time to visit Karachi is during the milder winter months from November to March. Avoid visiting during monsoon season (July to September).