High rises, museums, theme parks and leisure clubs – just some of the features of Doha’s ever-changing skyline. The Qatari capital and an important sea port, Doha exudes an atmosphere of dynamism, making it the perfect destination for energetic visitors.
Spend days discovering the city’s sights, or escape the crowds and use Doha as your base for further adventures in Qatar.
Top things to see and do
- Visit the Museum of Islamic Art and be awed by its beautiful architecture and the impressive collection of artworks within.
- Shop for spices and souvenirs in Souq Waqif – a lively, century-old marketplace along the Doha Corniche.
- Paddle to a Mangrove Beach Island and relax as you take in the greenery and birdlife of the nature reserve.
- See herds of Arabian oryx, Qatar’s endangered national animal, at the Oryx Farm and Equestrian Club – only 15km from the city of Doha.
- Listen to the sound of the Singing Sand Dunes, one of a handful of places on Earth where the slope of the dunes and the shifting sand grains creates a desert amphitheatre and a breathtaking experience.
Tips for travellers
Book a tour to Khor Al Adaid (the Inland Sea) – a picturesque natural oasis where soaring sand dunes meet glistening salt flats. For a truly unforgettable experience, arrange a camel ride and camp out overnight.