Explore this well-connected, modern city on the Strait of Hormuz. It’s the provincial capital, administrative centre and an export hub.
Top things to see and do
- Visit the Anthropological Museum, which you’ll find in the city’s ancient Hindu temple. Old coins and other relics from former civilisations in this area are on show here.
- Take a stroll along the seafront promenade. There’s a flea market in the evenings and a fish market during the day that’s a great spot for taking pictures.
- Explore the colourful bazaar just behind the seafront where you’ll find heaps of fruit and vegetables, as well as bangles, clothes and jewellery.
- Seafood is the thing to try here, so make sure you sample the freshly fried fish on rice. You can get fast food like burgers and chicken on the promenade.
- Take a speedboat from the harbour to Qeshm Island. There’s loads to see here, including the Hara Marine Forest, which is a national park, the beautiful Star Valley and a Portuguese Castle.
Tips for travellers
Relax in the pools at the Genoo Thermal Spring, just 34 kilometers from Bandar Abbas.