Take a break surrounded by the scenic landscapes of Abha. At over 2,000m above sea level, the capital of Asir boasts Saudi Arabia’s highest peaks and a cooler climate than other parts of the Kingdom. With its natural beauty and tranquil local atmosphere, it’s the perfect holiday destination for combining adventure and relaxation.
Top things to see and do in Abha
- Meander around the town’s busy central marketplace, where you’ll find fresh local produce and handicrafts.
- Head up to the Green Mountain lookout for a panoramic view of the city from above.
- Spend a day or two exploring the breathtaking scenery of Abha’s Asir National Park, which stretches from the Red Sea to the desert.
- Visit the historic Shadda Palace in Abha – once home to ruling powers but now a museum open to visitors.
- Venture out of town to the village of Rijal Alma, where traditional mud brick houses have stood the test of time.
Tips for travellers in Abha
Plan ahead and enjoy a picnic at one of the many camping sites in Asir National Park – a great way to refuel between nature trails.