Fancy a city where you can go fishing, diving, swimming and sailing all in a day? With its opportune location on the western shores of the Arabian Gulf, Dammam, the capital of Saudi Arabia’s Eastern Province, is just the place.
Dammam is also the country’s third-largest metropolis and an ideal base from which you can explore other key towns and cities.
Top things to see and do in Dammam
- Ponder the outdoor display of modern artworks as you stroll along the lengthy Corniche (coastal promenade) – or simply relax as you gaze into the shimmering sea.
- Learn about Saudi history and culture through the ages at the Dammam National Museum.
- Head to Half Moon Bay to chill out at the beach or – for the more adventurous – to go sailing or diving.
- Spend a tranquil afternoon at the lovely King Fahd Park – a sanctuary of fountains, swimming pools, gardens and greenery.
- Check out King Abdul Aziz Port to see the country’s largest and most important Arabian Gulf port in action.
Tips for travellers
Want to see more of Saudi Arabia? See skyscrapers rising up from the surrounding desert in the capital city, Riyadh – only 4-5 hours by bus or train from Dammam.