From boat trips and bike rides to nature reserves and exotic gardens, this is a Ugandan getaway as ripe for adventure as it is for relaxation.
Top things to see and do
- Explore the unusual trees and exotic wildlife of the National Botanic Gardens. Botany students will guide your through each area, educating you on the various flora and fauna. Keep an eye out for the colobus and vervet monkeys!
- Go face-to-face with lions, zebras, crocodiles and more at the Ugandan Wildlife Education Centre. You will learn how these once-captive animals now live free, healthy and happy lives.
- Take a boat trip on Lake Victoria, the source of the Nile. Head out to feed the chimpanzees of Ngamba Island, canoe to the Mabamba swamps for Shoebill spotting, or simply take it easy with some laid-back fishing.
- Try the delicious pastries and organic coffee of the famous Café Bavariana, sourced from the green hills of the Rwandan border.
- Get adventurous with a mountain bike tour around the surrounding Entebbe plains, then wind down with a beautiful lakeside sunset.
Tips for travellers
Get up close and personal with snakes, crocs, chameleons and more at the Uganda Reptile Village, just 3km off the Entebbe-Kampala highway. Learn just why the survival of these amazing creatures remains so vital to Uganda.