Discover a magical city of cathedrals, courtyards and culture that’s over ten centuries old. You’ll quickly learn why Prague is one of Central Europe’s most popular destinations.
Top things to see and do in Prague
- Take a tour of Old Town. Located in the very heart of Prague, this beautiful location is filled with Baroque architecture that dates back to the 13th century. Be sure to take some time out from exploring to watch the striking of the Prague astronomical clock, which continues to work 600 years after its construction.
- Visit the Charles Bridge, the famous and stunningly ornate Vltava river crossing. Lined with gothic statues and with stunning views across Old Town, it’s the perfect location for a late-night stroll.
- Discover the largest ancient castle complex in the world at Prague Castle. You can explore its courtyards, palaces, gardens and halls, or head to the top for sweeping views of the Prague horizon. Be sure to head to the St Vitus Cathedral too, where you can see the silver-lined tomb of St John of Nepomuk.
- Peruse the artwork in the National Gallery in Prague, including Czech Art Nouveau painter Alphonse Mucha’s renowned The Slav Epic – 20 huge canvases retelling the mythology and history of the Czechs.
- Indulge in a spot of culture at the National Theatre or State Opera, where you can enjoy classics like Swan Lake, Romeo and Juliet and Madame Butterfly, or just admire the buildings they take place in.
Tips for travellers
Take a day trip to the Czech Republic’s best-known spa, Karlovy Vary. Set in a beautiful valley, the town’s 12 hot mineral springs made it a favourite of legendary figures including Beethoven and Chopin.