The sight of scenic coastlines stretching for miles will greet you on your arrival in Krabi, a tropical paradise.
Home to picturesque limestone cliffs and white sandy beaches, Krabi is an enamouring island destination where you can choose to relax or indulge in a host of adventure activities.
Flights between Dubai and Krabi
flydubai will operate daily flights between Dubai and Krabi starting from 10 December 2019.
Top things to see and do in Krabi
- The famous James Bond Island, located in Phang Nga Bay, is one of Krabi’s most well-known attractions. Enjoy the short speedboat ride to the Bay before exploring the limestone caves from a traditional canoe.
- Spend hours laying on white sandy beaches, under the shade of green palm trees in Koh Poda. Dive into the aquamarine waters to discover the vibrant coral reefs that lie just 20 kilometres from the coast.
- Admire the beauty all around at Khao Phanom Bencha National Park. A primeval jungle of ancient trees, bamboo shoots, verdant vines and abundant wildlife, visitors can spend time under the cascading Huay To Waterfall or looking for clouded leopards, black bears and more during a safari.
- Take a leisurely stroll down Ao Nang Walking Street for a true taste of Thai culture. The bustling street is lined by a variety of colourful markets, bustling cafés, aromatic sweet shops and busy local restaurants.
- Find peace and tranquillity at Wat Tham Suea, or the Tiger Cave Temple, which is home to beautiful icons and the footprints of Buddha. Located in the midst of a historic jungle, the climb to the top is challenging, but the astounding view is well worth the effort.
- Across Thailand, the most sought-after local cuisine is served by local vendors along busy streets and on the crowded beaches. While the food does have some distinct Malaysian and Chinese flavours, Thai spices and herbs add a unique twist to delicacies served here. Dishes like Pad Thai, noodle soup and green papaya salad should definitely be sampled. For a sweet treat, try the local favourite, mango sticky rice.
Tips for travellers
Just 38 kilometres from the city's main centre lies the Ao Luek District. Known for its limestone hills along the coast and 23 gorgeous islands, it makes for a fabulous day trip from Krabi. While here, visitors can relive history in the prehistoric caves or head to the Elephant Sanctuary to spend some time with the gentle giants.