Information collected by us
We collect personal information from you whenever you use our services, including when you use our website or mobile application, make a booking with us or make a change to your booking with us and when you interact with us whether through our website, mobile application, call centre, sales shops, in flight or through other sales channels. Where you are making a booking on behalf of another person, you must obtain their permission to make the booking and share their personal information with us.
We may collect the following personal information about you:
When you use our website, make a booking or travel with us
Your full name, title and contact details including your email address, telephone number(s) and address, your date of birth, gender, passenger name record (PNR), booking reference and reward programme membership number (if applicable) which we collect from you when you make a booking with us, purchase any extras from us, use any services provided by us at an airport or in flight, sign up for our rewards programme or otherwise register with us on our website or mobile application, or when you manage your booking or check-in online for your flight with us.
We will also collect emergency contact details from you, which we will use in the unlikely event that we need to contact someone on your behalf in an emergency.
Information relating to your booking, including:
- your travel itinerary and services provided by us to you, including prices, date of reservation or booking as well as who you are travelling with;
- any special requirements you might have, for example, any special assistance or meal preferences, which may include information about your health;
- any extras you purchase from us either prior to your flight or onboard, or from any of our partners; and
- any changes you make to your booking.
Information about other passengers in your booking which we collect from you when you make a booking or purchase any extras from us on behalf of other passengers.
Information relating to your rewards programme activity, including your membership number, accrual and redemption activity, your account and journey preferences and information about members of your Travel Club or Travel Club Head.
Information relating to payment of your booking, including payment method, which may also include your payment card details provided to us when you purchase flydubai products or services.
Advance Passenger Information (“API”), which will include the full name, title, nationality, date of birth, gender (if required) and passport and visa details (or equivalent) of all passengers included on the booking and which we are legally required to collect from you for certain routes.
Our communications with you, be it by email, SMS, through our call centre, or through interaction with us on social media, including any feedback you provide to us by participating in any surveys we might issue. Where you call us, we may also record the call for training or quality purposes.
Information relating to your preferences when you fly with us, which we also collect when you are a member of our rewards programme, in order to offer you a more personalised service when next travelling with us.
Information on how you use our website or our mobile application to search for flights or other services, make a booking with us or make changes to an existing booking, which may also include collecting your IP address or location data.
Information collected from other sources
We also obtain personal information from other sources who you have authorised to provide your personal information to us, including as follows:
- When you make a booking through a third party, including via one of our local representatives, a travel agent or third-party platform;
- When you purchase any extras from third parties who are our partners and are contracted by us to provide services to you;
- Other companies involved in your travel plans, including other airlines involved in your prior or onward travel, relevant airport operators, customs and immigration authorities;
- Third parties who participate in our rewards programme; and
- Depending on your settings, when you use social media or other digital platforms and mention us.
Special Categories Personal Information
In certain circumstances, it may be necessary for us to collect, use or share special categories of personal information (for example information relating to your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, genetic and biometric information, health, etc.) for example in order to determine your fitness to fly, provide you with any special assistance that you may require (including special dietary requirements) or determine whether you are eligible to travel on a special religious flight.
We may also use this personal information to respond to a medical or security incident involving you or another passenger included on your booking or otherwise to comply with our legal obligations.
We will only process this category of personal information, if it is necessary, or you have provided us with your express consent to do so.