Famed for its unique terracotta roofs, glistening limestone streets and hospitable locals, Dubrovnik is a true slice of Croatian paradise. Venture to this Adriatic gem to uncover ancient history and incredible architecture.
Flights between Dubai and Dubrovnik
flydubai will operate flights between Dubai and Dubrovnik up to four times a week from 10 April until 25 October 2018.
Best things to do in Dubrovnik
- Stroll the shimmering streets of the Old Town, a stunning UNESCO World Heritage Site. Wander down the café-lined walkways or venture off the beaten track into one of the many unique and charming alleys, where you’ll find a variety of local restaurants and shops tucked just out of sight.
- Elevate your experience of this incredible city by taking Dubrovnik’s cable car to the top of Mount Srd. From here, embrace unparalleled views of the sparkling Adriatic Sea and the lush green island of Lokrum. Enjoy this incredible vista just as the sun goes down, and watch the ancient walls of the historic city light up as the night descends.
- Walk the walls and forts encompassing the ancient city and you’ll see Dubrovnik’s historical centre from every angle. Take in unobstructed views over the Adriatic Sea and soak up sweeping glimpses of the distinct red rooftops of the Old Town.
- Head seaward and take a ferry to the nearby island of Lokrum. This lush oasis is only 10 minutes away and is the perfect place to enjoy a day of tranquillity. Visit the island’s medieval Benedictine monastery or go to the beach for a dip in the stunning azure sea.
- Experience Dubrovnik’s architecture at its finest at the 16th century Sponza Palace. Enter the palace and see the dazzling architecture for yourself, boasting an exotic blend of Gothic and Renaissance influences.
- Tuck into delicious Dalmatian cuisine and dine on modern European dishes when in Dubrovnik. Pantarul in Lapad is a go-to for traditional flavours, while LAJK is a must for fresh seafood in the heart of the Old Town.
Tips for travellers
Make the most of your visit to Dubrovnik and take a road trip to historic Mostar in neighbouring Bosnia and Herzegovina. Venture towards the restored Stari Most, Old Bridge, a stunning UNESCO heritage site, which looks like it was plucked from the pages of a fairy tale.