This vibrant, dynamic city is filled with fascinating museums, art galleries and bustling bazaars. And when you want a break from sightseeing, there are more than 800 parks to relax in.
Flights between Dubai and Tehran
flydubai will operate 3 flights per week between Dubai and Tehran starting from 15 October 2019.
Top things to see and do
- Discover the Golestan Palace, a UNESCO world heritage site – marvel at the opulent interiors and see the stunning tiles up close.
- Wander through Tehran’s largest emporium, the Grand Bazaar. Here, you’ll be able to pick up some exotic and enticing spices, intricate jewellery and beautiful Persian carpets.
- Admire the exquisite jewellery collection of the Safavid and Qajar monarchies at the National Jewels Museum. There are plenty of tours in English, German, French and Arabic for you to join and discover more about the history of these jewels.
- Have an evening of culture and entertainment at Teatre Shahr and enjoy Iranian theatre at its best.
- See carpets dating back to the 17th century when you discover the history of Persian carpet weaving at the Carpet Museum of Iran. You’ll find it North West of Laleh Park.
Tips for travellers
- Ski down Mount Tochal, one of the world’s highest ski resorts and about 7 km North of Tehran. Enjoy the thrill as you glide down 3957m of it.