Flights between Dubai and Pisa (Florence)
Pisa travel guide
Famous for its legendary leaning tower, Pisa is a charming city with historic churches, beautiful architecture, interesting history, and delicious food.
This charming town of Italy is best known for an architectural project gone humorously wrong. Pisa was once a maritime power that rivalled Genoa and Venice. Today, this beautiful city offers many noteworthy sights other than the leaning tower. The local economy has been fuelled by the education sector, with students all over the world competing for a spot in its elite university since the 1400s. The centre of town is endowed by a youthful crowd relaxing by the vibrant cafés and quirky restaurants balancing an enviable portfolio of well-preserved Gothic churches, Romanesque buildings, and Renaissance piazzas with busy and lively streets.
Top things to see and do in Pisa
- Take the classic picture of you trying to hold or push the Leaning Tower of Pisa! Go to the top of the tower and take in the beautiful view of the city from the top.
- Admire the stunning architecture of Duomo di Pisa (Piza Cathedral), built in the 11th century.
- Take a tour of the Museo di San Matteo, the famous art and history museum of Pisa, housed inside a 13th-century Benedictine convent.
- Visit Piazza dei Miracoli, which is considered the world’s most beautiful urban space.
- Check out the centre of medieval Pisa, Piazza dei Cavalieri (Knight’s Square), which was once the headquarters for the Knights of St. Stephen, a catholic military order.
- Explore Gothic architecture built between 1223-1230 at Chiesa di Santa Maria della Spina Church and check out the main attraction, the Madonna of the Rose by Andrea and Nino Pisano, which is located inside.
- Attend an interesting local cultural event, The Gioco del Ponte (Battle on the Bridge), which is a historical re-enactment that happens every summer. Everyone dresses up in 16th-century costumes and plays out the battle scenes.
Access to Florence
Tuscany is well-connected internationally via Pisa airport (PSA). Just an hour from Pisa is the spectacular city of Florence with stunning Renaissance churches and architecture, beautiful winding streets, manicured pathways, gorgeous gardens, and picturesque white buildings capped with red roofs. Travel roughly 100 km to go and see the 16th-century David, Michelangelo’s most famous and impressive sculpture in the world, at Galleria dell’Accademia. Witness the world’s most famous collection of Renaissance art at the Galleria de Uffizi. Numerous trains and busses take you from Pisa to Florence, or you can even drive along scenic landscaped roads to Florence from Pisa.
How can I book Dubai to Pisa (Florence) cheap flight tickets through flydubai?
How do I pay for my cheap flight tickets from Dubai to Pisa (Florence)?
How can I get cheap flights from Dubai to Pisa (Florence)?